Friday, March 27, 2009

Thank Goodness for Baby Oil!

Katy gets busier and busier everyday. Her latest escapade was this past Sunday. We were eating lunch at Donny's parents' house and while we were fixing the food, the kids were playing. The next thing I know, Afton came running in to tell me that Katy was coloring her cheeks. I found her in Meme's bathroom with a tube of 16 hour colorstay lipstick. She had "put on makeups." She had it all over her face - on her cheeks, around her eyes and in her hair too. I tried to wash it off and nothing I tried would work. Finally, Monday evening, someone told me to try baby oil, and it worked - hooray! I thought I was going to have to wait until it just wore off and who knew how long that would have taken. On top of that, Monday morning she wandered back to my mom's bathroom and was "doing makeups" with clear nail polish. Luckily, I knew how to get that off, but it too was all over her face. It's almost like she waits until she knows that I can't stop her to go get into things.

Another day a week or so ago, I was doing laundry and had just finished emptying the dryer. I ran back to the bathroom and when I came out I couldn't find Katy. I called out to her and I heard a little voice say "I'm in the cave." I thought she was back in our room, but I didn't see her, so I called to her again and she said "I'm hiding." She was in the dryer! She climbed in and closed the door on herself. She didn't have it pulled all the way closed, but it was realy close.

She loves to climb (as all toddlers do I'm sure) and yesterday I found her kneeling on top of her dresser. Her dresser is about chest high on Donny. I have no idea how she got up there.
She definitley keeps me on my toes. I'm sure it could be a lot worse. Hopefully it'll get better and I can run to the bathroom without having to pray that she won't kill herself. I do enjoy her though and I'm so grateful that I can be home with my little buddy everyday.

2 comments:

ansons said...

Just hold on for the ride. What a cutie. We can't wait for her to come get into mischief at our house. Maybe I'll save some "makeups" for her.

Amber Lee said...

Oh, I miss her so much! What a cutie! And yes, it could be worse--you haven't had a boy yet! :-) A Brunjes boy, no less!